Followers

Friday, 6 November 2015

A sweet birthday.

This month, over at Patties Creations, the theme is...
"birthdays."
An easy one!
I used 3 of Patties images...
lollipop jar, bubblegum machine and chocolate chip cookie jar.


I made this card for a friend at work - Louise. 
She has a little (ok, not so little!) stash of sweeties hidden away in a cupboard at work,
so I thought this would suit her down to the ground! 
I printed off each image, coloured with my promarkers
and carefully fussy-cut around each one so i could lay them exactly where 
I wanted them on my card. 
The bubblegum machine has been popped up slightly on 3d foam squares.
The sentiment is from Pink Petticoat
and I found a similar font on my pc, to create her name.
I drew a line behind the sweetie jars, to "ground" them
and added some shadows with my grey promarker.
After matting and layering on a pink spotty background, I hand-drew
a faux-stitched edge.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges...

Crafty girl creations - atg - 18 Nov
Addicted to stamps - CAS - 11 Nov
Through the craft room door - atg - 10 Nov
Crafting from the heart - atg - 8 Nov
Craftin ddesert divas - sweet and yummy - 8 Nov





8 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

cute card

Pattie G said...

Vicky,

I just love this card and how you used three of my images on it. Great job!

Hugs
Pattie

Tanja said...

love the images you used - thanks for joining us at ATSM

Theresa Pace said...

fab choice of images. although coloured in modern hues it has a nostalgic feel to it which i love. thank you for sharing your creations with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa DT xx
http://craf-ther.blogspot.co.uk/ (personal blog)

Sandi said...

Vicky - I bet Louise is going to love this card. From your description she's the perfect person for this. Great job, awesome coloring of all 3 images!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

cm said...

Oh my! What a lovely trio of 'eye candy' you've treated us with today! Stunning! And now I'm craving something sweet! Thank you so much for sharing your abundant creativity in the ATSM gallery!
~c

applejack cards by sue said...

How gorgeous. I love your choice of images and the way you have made such a pretty card. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafty Girls Creations. Sue DT xx

Hsu Emily said...

Great Card. Nice and bright.
Thank you for always encouraging me