Followers

Friday 7 September 2018

It's a kitten!


This week, over at the Colour Crazy challenge, 
the challenge (as usual - everyone seems to love it!) is "anything goes."

I have been waiting and waiting for my turn to get this sponsor...


I loved colouring these kitties! 
I used the same image, to create a card for a little boy and another for a little girl.
I thought I could get away with these images for younger children, rather than a new born.

Using my alcohol markers, I coloured the images...
and used a "pointilism" technique to colour the sky and grass. 
(little tiny dots in varying colours, to create one main colour.)
They were both mounted on white card, inked round the edges and 
backed again onto gingham card. 
The edge of the gingham card was dry embossed.
A computer generated sentiment and a number in the balloon finished off each card. 
(I also added a few little Martha Stewart punched butterflies to Ella's card.)
I hope they are well received! 

I would like to enter these into the following challenges:
Kitty bee designs - atg / animals - 14 Sept
Always happy birthday - happy birthday - 29 Sept
Little miss muffet - atg - 19 Sept

5 comments:

Billie A said...

Your cards are so cute. Love the images and scene you created. Thanks for sharing over at Always happy birthday (the pink one would fit the challenge at Creations in Pink)
Billie A
Always Happy Birthday
Catch The Bug
Creative With Stamps
Aud Sentiments
The Merry Christmas Challenge
Sunny Day Crafting
Pause Dream Enjoy
Craftaholic R US
Always Fun Challenges
Colour Crazy Challenge
Creations In Pink

NanaConnie said...

These are so cute, Vic, and I agree that the image works well for a young child as well as a baby. :-D Lovely coloring! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Crafting with an Attitude this month. Good Luck.
NanaConnie DT

Eekers said...

Hi Vic! Thanks very much for making two super projects using "Congrats"... and I think you are right, they look fine for younger children cards, not just babies! Thanks for entering them into some challenges too, your hard work is appreciated!

Annabel - Knitty Kitty Digis

Julie Odil said...

Very cute kitties, Vic! Thanks for joining the challenge at Aloha Fridays. Julie, DT member

BożenA said...

Two beautiful children's cards. Children love cats, they will definitely be delighted!
Thank you for joining our fun in Crafting With An Attitude.
BożenA DT CWAA