Followers

Sunday 8 March 2015

2 cards to share today...


The challenge over at Glitter n Sparkle this week, is to...
 decorate the inside and outside of your card.

I usually leave the inside of my cards blank,
 so this really was a challenge for me!
First up, is "Cynthia Fairy on birthday cake" 
from The Stamping Boutique.
I coloured her with my promarkers and glittered her up - then
I fussy cut her out, with her cake and gave her a slight lift
with 3d foam, onto the embossed background.
I added a punched border, some of my bargain 99p-for-36-metres-ribbon
(from the 99p store)
and a pink petticoat sentiment ribbon which I made
by popping two sentiments close to each other along the length of my card strip.
On the inside. I stamped the present stack onto the insert and used
 the colours from the front of the card, on the presents too.
I finished the inside off with a fine pink line
(where i will write my message to the birthday girl).
I have made this card for a little girl, whose birthday is next month.



I would like to enter this fairy card into the following challenges...
Fairytale stamper - anything goes - 22 March
Scribble and scrap - anything goes - 14 March
Ribbon girls - birthday - 14 March
Catch the bug - anything goes - 14 March
Chocolate coffee and cards - for a child - 19 March
Sister act - anything goes - 13 March
In the pink - for a special (little) lady - 18 March
Pennys papercrafty - one for the girls - 10 March
Paper shelter - away with the fairies - 10 March
Simon says stamp - special lady / girly - 11 March


The second image is called "waiting for you" and it's from Ppinkydolls.
I coloured it with my watercolour pencils at first, but I wasn't  keen on it,
so I got my promarkers out and added a few more colours, here and there.
I cut out (with a stanley knife) each of the
4 little panes of glass in each window and cut the whole shape out
and 3d foamed it onto more white card, backed onto the pink
then onto the original white card.
I added a sentiment (I have had on my pc for ages,)
and thought it may work well for someone leaving for university.
I decorated the inside by printing another little heart flower pot (from the image)
and fussy cutting round it, and I simply stuck it onto the insert. 
I did not want the inside to be too fussy, as the outside is fairly clean and simple.



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges...
CAS on sunday - girl power! - 13 March
One stitch at a time - anything goes with women - 22 March
Colouring crazy - shabby chic / vintage / romance  - 20 March
Left of centre - big eyes - 13 March
Whimsy inspires - use a sentiment - 17 March

20 comments:

Debbie said...

Lovely card and your insert really sets it off. Lovely colouring techniques too.Thanks for joining the Scribble and Scrap challenge. Good luck.

Lin said...

Your birthday cake looks yummy, Vic, and the little fairy is cute, too - love the way you colored everything! Thanks for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge this week!

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is so gorgeous I love it, Thank you for playing along with us at Graph'It colouring challenge, Good Luck
Kevin xx

Ribbon Girl said...

Lovely card - I rarely do the insides but it does add another dimension and looks great - thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl 'Everything Goes with an Image' challenge, best of luck, Mary x

Jackie said...

Two gorgeous cards. I usually use the same image inside, rediced in size :o)
Jackie xx

Eve's Been Reading said...

Lovely card, thanks so much for joining in the fun with us at Graph'It Markers Colouring Crazy Challenge for our current challenge of 'Shabby Chic/Vintage Romance'.
Yvonne (DT)

Graph'It Marker Challenge

Nannieflash said...

A cute fairy and a rather large piece of cake, love the card design. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

Susan Renshaw said...

Great cards, both! Liked the instructions for the windows. Thanks for sharing with LOC!

Cynthia said...

The little fairy and cake is precious. Fabulous coloring, Vic. Thanks so much for joining the Anything Goes Challenge at Catch the Bug this week!

Unknown said...

Love, love your card.
Soooo cute.
Thanks for joining us at The paper Shelter Challenge
Sandra
DT Member

Josephine said...

Two beautiful cards!

http://cazzytime.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/quirky-recipe-reminder.html

Josephine said...

Two lovely cards.

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this time.

Vannessa said...

Both of these are gorgeous cards and your fussy cutting is fab! Thank you for joining in the In The Pink Challenge this time. Hope to see you again.

Hugs, Vannessa
In The Pink DT

caroline said...

2 gorgeous cards, thank you for joining us at http://graphitmarkers.blogspot.co.uk/, good luck and hope you come back real soon
caroline dt

Michelle said...

Such a beautiful creation - lovely colours - thank you for joining us this week at Penny's Paper-Crafty and good luck - Michelle x

Laura W said...

Cute, love he layout. Thanks for joining us at Penny's Challenges-see you Wednesday for a new one :)

N-Eva said...

Nice image and fun colors, great job :-) Good luck in the draw. Neva Bugaboo guest DT

Janneke said...

What a lovely card ;o)
Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday!

anncreatief said...

So beautiful and great colors on your image! Thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge
xxxx Anneke DT

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card, love colours combo.Thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT