Followers

Friday 13 March 2015

Mothering Sunday

It's Mothering Sunday here, in England, on Sunday.
This is the card I made for my Mum...


The gorgeous image is from 'A Day For Daisies.'... a digi stamp company.
(I love this style of drawing...and the fact it's a digi stamp,
means I can size it to whatever size I like... and they take up no room in my craft room!)
It's just like me, when I was young!
(I coloured it with my promarkers) 
I think my Mum will have a chuckle at this. 
I based it all, on an apron shaped card that I cut out free-hand.
(including the pocket, which was inked around the edge and also, around the card - and pocket - I 
drew some faux stitching, with my white sakura pen.)
Its hard to see in this photo, but the precious heart diecut is matt gold in colour.
The sentiment is from Pink Petticoat.
I finished the card with little ribbons threaded through each side.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges...
Creative moments - anything goes - 17 March
Inspiration destination - anything goes - 17 March
Little red wagon - cute cute cute! - 18 March
The paper shelter - girly - 17 March
Scrappers delight - anything goes - 17 March
As you like it - favourite stamp...digi or rubber - 25 March
Scrap and craft - mothers day - 15 March
Creatalicious - anything but a square or rectangle - 15 March
Die cut divas - childrens challenge - 31 March
Crafting from the heart - anything goes - 15 March
Crafty cardmakers - for a special woman - 22 March
The pink elephant - shaped card - 16 March
613 create - anything goes / aquamarine - 14 March
Suzie bees - anything goes / shaped card - 14 March

13 comments:

StampNScrapJunkie said...

What a wonderful image to use for a Mother's Day card! Your coloring is fantastic and your project fabulous! Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
Ema
IDCB Owner

JanR said...

What a cool shape - so impressed you did it by hand! I bet your mom is going to love this card. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Tammy said...

Awww this is so cute Vic! I love that sweet image and the fabulous apron shape!! Thanks so much for joining us at Creatalicious this month!
Tammy x

Billie A said...

Sweet Mothers day card and I like the idea of an apron for the card base. Great card thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination.

Lady E said...

WOW! Lovely card and beautiful colors! Thank you for sharing with us at Scrap & Craft and good luck!
Lady E Scrap & Craft DT
www.scrapartbyladye.blogspot.co.uk

Natalie said...

lovely project. :)
Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
Hugs,
Natalie
INKognito

Melanie said...

A lovely shaped card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "no square or rectangle cards” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
(DT Come and Get It)
(GDT Kreativzeit Challenges)

Arlene said...

Delightful. I love the coloring of the image and the apron shape of the card. The 3 D effect is marvelous - lifting the girl and her paints makes it so much more vivid.

So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas.

Gail said...

gosh darn...this is cute. This is my favorite card in this challenge, not that it means anything. I adore the shape of this and the image is wonderful. Your coloring is fabulous and it is just the cutest! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter challenge this week for "Girly". Hugs, Gail

NicoleDesigns said...

This is super adorable, your mum is going to love it.... Thank you for joining us for our "Girly" challenge at The Paper Shelter... xo Nikki

Mojca said...

Such a gorgeous creation! Thank you for joining us at As You Like It Challenge. hugs! Mojca

J said...

What a great shaped card - really original, and I love the image. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Crafty Cardmakers and more...

Jackie

vania said...

Nice card ! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers
Good luck
Vania
xx